Teaching & Research
Roles and Responsibilities
- Office of IIIT Kota, 2nd Floor Prabha Bhawan, MNIT Jaipur Campus,
JLN Marg, Jaipur - 302017, Rajasthan
- Ph.D (MNIT Jaipur)
- M.Tech (MNIT Jaipur)
- B.Tech (University of Rajasthan)
- IIIT Kota - Assistant Professor (May 2019 - till now)
- Previous experience: 1 year
- Fiber Optics & Communication, High-Speed Optical Networks,
- Smart and Intelligent ML based Optical Networks
- Program Advisor
- Google citation link
- Personal Web Page
- Awarded SPIE Officer Travel Grant to attend “Student Chapter Leadership Workshop (SCLW) 2017”, during SPIE Optical Metrology, 24 -29 June 2017, Munich, Germany.
- Selected by the DST, New Delhi for three weeks DST Sponsored SERC School on Nonlinear Optics and Materials held at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai from 3-21 February 2014.
- Qualified GATE 2010, 2011, 2012 consecutively.
- Convener, 2nd and 3rd International Conference on Optical and Wireless Technologies held at MNIT Jaipur, India, 2018 and 2019 respectively.
- Delivered an invited talk in the Academy Training Programme (Electronics & ICT Academy, Deity, Govt. of India) on “Photonic Integrated Devices & Systems” at MNIT Jaipur on November 23, 2017
- Founder President, SPIE student chapter MNIT Jaipur. Planned and coordinated various activities to promote Optics & Photonics through SPIE chapter, including managing of lectures of various invited experts (across the globe).
- Chief Student Coordinator, Short Term Train-the-Trainers Programme on Optical Fiber (TTPOF) held at Department of ECE, MNIT Jaipur in association with TSSC India during 16-18 August 2016.
- Reviewer of various reputed SCI Journals including Optical Engineering (SPIE), Optik (Elsevier), Optical Fiber Technology (Elsevier).
- 1. A.K. Garg and V. Janyani, “Resilient, bandwidth scalable and energy efficient hybrid PON architecture," Telecommunication Systems. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11235-017-0369-1.
- 2. A.K. Garg, A.A. Madavi and V. Janyani, "Energy efficient flexible hybrid wavelength division multiplexing-time division multiplexing passive optical network with pay as you grow deployment," Optical Engineering, SPIE, Vol.56, No.2, 026119 (2017) http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.OE.56.2.026119.
- 3. A.K. Garg and V. Janyani, “Adaptive Bandwidth Mechanism Using Dual Rate OLT for Energy Efficient WDM-TDM Passive Optical Network," Telecommunication Systems, Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11235-017-0316-1.
- 4. A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “Analysis of OOK Upstream Signal Remodulation for Different Data Rates in WDM-PON Network”, International Journal of Signal Processing Systems, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 134-138, December 2015. doi: 10.12720/ijsps.3.2.134-138.
- 1. A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “Direct ONU Interconnection Schemes Towards Latency-Aware Passive Optical Networks”, IEEE International Conference on Computer, Communications and Electronics 2017, 01-02, July 2017, Manipal University Jaipur, doi.org/10.1109/COMPTELIX.2017.8004022.
- 2. M.B. Dipikaben, A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “A Flexible Remote-Node Architecture for Energy-Efficient Direct ONU Internetworking in TDM-PON”, IEEE International Conference on Computer, Communications and Electronics, 01-02, July. 2017, Manipal University Jaipur, doi.org/10.1109/COMPTELIX.2017.8004012.
- 3. A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “Overall/ Subgroup ONU Intercommunication based on Two Stage Flexible PON Network”, The International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics (PHOTONICS 2016), 4-8 December 2016, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. Paper W3A.1. https://doi.org/10.1364/PHOTONICS.2016.W3A.1.
- 4. A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “WDM-PON Network for Simultaneous Upstream Transmission with ONU Interconnection Capability”, The International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics (PHOTONICS 2016), 4-8 December 2016, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. Paper Tu4A.13. https://doi.org/10.1364/PHOTONICS.2016.Tu4A.13
- 5. A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “Power Budget Improvement in Energy Efficient Long Reach Hybrid Passive Optical Network”, IEEE International Conference on Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP-2015), Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad (ISM Dhanbad), 11-13, Dec. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICMAP.2015.7408789.
- 6. A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “Identification of Cost and Energy Efficient Multiplexing Techniques for LR-PON for Different Network Scenario”, IEEE Workshop on Recent Advances in Photonics, Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore, 16-17, Dec.2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/WRAP.2015.7805998.
- 7. A.A.Madavi, A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “A Novel TWDM Architecture With Efficient Power Saving”, IEEE International Conference On Computational Techniques in Information and Communication Technologies (ICCTICT-2016), Indraprastha University Delhi, 11-13, March. 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCTICT.2016.7514552.
- 8. A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “Analysis of Energy Efficient Optical Access Network for Different Coding and Data Rates” OSA IONS Asia 6, 2014, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
- 9. M. K. Gupta, D. Nagar, A. K. Garg and G. Singh, "Analysis and mitigation of Raman cross talk in WDM TDM system using partial response coding and Raman pump," 2015 International Conference on Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP), Dhanbad, 2015, pp. 1-2. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICMAP.2015.7408763
- 10. A.K. Garg, M.K. Gupta, G. Singh, V. Janyani, “Flexible Hybrid WDM-TDM-PON Architecture” IETE Zonal Seminar-North, A National Conference on ICT in Healthcare, MNIT Jaipur, March 5 th , 2016.
- Book Chapters
- 1. A. Sharma, A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, “Performance Analysis of Different PON Standards Up-To 10Gbps for Bidirectional Transmission Employing Square Root Module”, Progress in Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 563, Springer, Singapore, 2018.