Teaching & Research
Roles and Responsibilities
- Office of IIIT Kota, 2nd Floor Prabha Bhawan, MNIT Jaipur Campus,
JLN Marg, Jaipur - 302017, Rajasthan
- Ph.D (MNIT Jaipur)
- M.Tech (MNIT Jaipur)
- B.Tech (MBM Engineering College Jodhpur)
- IIIT Kota - Assistant Professor (May 2019 - till now)
- Post Doctoral Fellow - NTNU Norway (Nov 2016 - Oct 2017)
- Previous experience: 6+ years
- Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing,
- Deep Learning, Big Data Analytics
- Program Advisor - B.Tech Second Year CSE
- ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Award by ERCIM, Sophia Antipolis for PostDoc Research in 2016.
- Internship Awarded by National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore in 2013.
- Google citation link
- Personal Web Page
- Authored Books
- 1. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Prominent Feature Extraction for Sentiment Analysis”, In Springer Book Series: Socio-Affective Computing series, Springer International Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-319-25343-5, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-25343-5, 2016.
- Edited Books
- Mittal, M., Tanwar, S., Agarwal, B., Goyal, L.M. (Eds.), "Energy Conservation for IoT Devices Concepts, Paradigms and Solutions", Springer 2019. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-7399-2
- Selected Journals
- 1. Basant Agarwal, Heri Ramampiaro, Helge Langseth, Massimiliano Ruocco , “A Deep Network Model for Paraphrase Detection in Short Text Messages”, Information Processing and Management, Elsevier, 54(6), Pages922-937, 2018
- 2. Gauri Jain, Manisha Sharma, Basant Agarwal, “Spam Detection in Social Media using Convolutional and Long Short Term Memory Neural Network”, Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, Springer, DOI:10.1007/s10472-018-9612-z 2019.
- 3. Basant Agarwal, Soujanya Poria, Namita Mittal, Alexander Gelbukh, Amir Hussain, “Concept Level Sentiment Analysis using Dependency-based Semantic Parsing: A Novel Approach”, In Cognitive Computation, Springer, 7 (4), pages: 487–499, 2015.
- 4. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, Pooja Bansal, Sonal Garg, “Sentiment analysis using common-sense and context information”, In Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, Article ID 715730, 9 pages, 2015.
- 5. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Prominent Feature Extraction for Review Analysis: An Empirical Study”, In Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, Taylor Francis, 28(3), 485-498, 2014.
- 6. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Semantic Feature Clustering for Sentiment Analysis of English Reviews”, In IETE Journal of Research, Taylor Francis, Vol: 60 (6), pages 414-422, 2014.
- 7. Pankaj Kumar Jadwal, Sonal Jain, Basant Agarwal, “Financial credit risk evaluation model using machine learning based approach”, In World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Inderscience, 2019.
- 8. Shelendra Kumar Jain, Nishtha Kesswani, Basant Agarwal, “Security, Privacy and Trust (SPT): Privacy Pre-serving Model for Internet of Things”, In International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems, Inderscience, 2019.
- 9. Manoj Gupta, Jörg Lechner, Basant Agarwal, "Performance Analysis of Kalman Filter in Computed Tomography Thorax for Image Denoising", In Recent Patent in Computer Science, 2019.
- 10. Shrawan Ram, Shloak Gupta, Basant Agarwal, “Devanagri Character Recognition Model Using Deep Con-volution Neural Network”, In Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, Taylor Francis, 21 (4), pages:593–599, 2018.
- 11. Shikhar Seth, Basant Agarwal, “Diabetic detection using Convolutional Neural Network”, In Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, Taylor Francis, 21 (4), pages: 569–574 2018.
- 1. Pankaj Ramakant Kunekar, Mukesh Gupta, Basant Agarwal, “IOT enabled Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics based Life Style Diseases: A Survey”, In Second International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Computer Engineering: Microservices in Big Data Analytics, 2019, In press.
- 2. Soujanya Poria, Basant Agarwal, Alexander Gelbukh, Amir Hussain, Newton Howard, “Dependency-Based Semantic Parsing for Concept-Level Text Analysis”, In 15th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing 2014). Vol-8403, pp. 113–127, 2014, Springer.
- 3. Soujanya Poria, Alexander Gelbukh, Basant Agarwal, Erik Cambria, Newton Howard, “Common Sense Knowledge Based Personality Recognition from Text”, In 12th Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Volume 8266, 2013, pp 484-496, Springer.
- 4. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, Erik Cambria “Enhancing Sentiment Classification Performance using Bi-Tagged Phrases”, In 13th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops (ICDMW 2013) SENTIRE, pp: 892-895.
- 5. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Optimal Feature Selection for Sentiment Analysis”, In 14th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing 2013), Springer, Vol-7817, pages-13-24, Greece, Samos.
- 6. Kartik Singhal, Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Modeling Indian general elections: Sentiment Analysis of Political twitter data”, In Second International Conference on Information systems design and intelligent Applications, Springer, Volume 339, 2015, pages: 469-477.
- 7. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Sentiment Classification using Rough Set based Hybrid Feature Selection”, In Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Computational Approaches to Subjectivity, Sentiment and Social Media Analysis (WASSA’13), NAACL-HLT, Atlanta, USA, pages 115–119, 2013.
- 8. Basant Agarwal, Vijay Sharma, Namita Mittal, “Sentiment Classification of Review Documents using PhrasesPatterns”,In the International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI),pp.1577-1580, 2013.
- 9. Namita Mittal, Basant Agarwal, Garvit Chouhan, Nitin Bania, Prateek Pareek, “Sentiment Analysis of HindiReviews based on Negation and Discourse Relation”,In the proceedings of International Joint Conference onNatural Language Processing (IJCNLP), pages 45–50, 2013.
- 10. Namita Mittal, Basant Agarwal, Garvit Chouhan, Prateek Pareek, Nitin Bania, “Discourse based SentimentAnalysis for Hindi Reviews”,In the 5th International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence(PReMI’13), pp. 720–725, 2013.
- 11. SK Verma, N. Mittal, Basant Agarwal, “Hybrid Recommender System based on Fuzzy Clustering and Col-laborative Filtering”,In 4th International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology. IEEE, 2013,pp: 116 - 120.
- 13. Namita Mittal, Basant Agarwal, Saurabh Agarwal, Subham Agarwal, Promod Gupta, “A Hybrid Approach for Twitter Sentiment Analysis”, In 10th International Conference on Natural Language Processing (ICON),pp:116-120, 2013.
- 14. Namita Mittal, Basant Agarwal, Nikita Vijay, Adarsh Gupta, “Text Summarization with Semantics Information”, In 10th International Conference on Natural Language Processing (ICON), pp 256-259, 2013.
- 15. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Comparative Study of Feature Reduction and Machine Learning Techniques for Spam Detection.”, In 2nd International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocPros-2012), Springer, Vol-236, pp: 761-760, 2012.
- 16. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Text Classification using Machine Learning Methods- A Survey”, In 2ndInternational Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocPros-2012), Springer, Vol 236, pages,701-710,2012.
- 17. Basant Agarwal, Namita Mittal, “Categorical Probability Proportion Difference (CPPD): A Feature SelectionMethod for Sentiment Classification”, In Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Sentiment Analysis where AI meets Psychology, COLING 2012, pages 17–26, 2012.